Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!



This Thanksgiving I am looking forward to some down time with my family.  There have been many days lately when I have wondered, did God intend for us to be THIS busy?  We are involved in many activities, which is a blessing in itself, but are we supposed to be run ragged?  Recently, my daughter was in a community theater production of Annie.  It was a wonderful experience that she (and we) will cherish forever. 

Professional headshots were scheduled after one of the play rehearsals, which we couldn't do because we were already late for a football game.  Thankfully, makeup pictures were scheduled on a Tuesday night.  After I got my daughter home from tennis, I rushed to get her bathed and beautiful.  My husband came home from work early to keep our other child.  We said hello in passing, and my daughter and I raced out the door and drove 30 minutes to the location to discover... there was no photo shoot.  The pictures were to be taken the Tuesday after this one.  Between my phone and my calendar at home, HOW DID I MANAGE TO MESS THIS UP? 

Well, I have a pretty good idea.  Between church, and school, and dance, and gymnastics, and tennis, and play practice, and life in general, a girl is allowed to have Mommy brain once in a while.  Perhaps the real lesson here is that we need to SLOW down

My daughter asked if we could go to dinner or shopping since we had driven all that way, but it was a school night and we already had dinner ready at home.  So, I turned around and we headed back.  Thankfully, we got home just in time to relax on the back deck a little while before the sun went down, which is where I wanted to be all along.

This Thanksgiving I am going to relax and enjoy special moments with my family.  We all have so much to be grateful for.  In the words of Colossians 3: 15-16 below, I will strive for peace, thankfulness, wisdom and gratitude.  Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Colossians 3:15-16
New International Version (NIV)
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment