Friday, October 24, 2014

The Magic of Stitch Witchery!  Have you ever heard of this stuff?  It has probably been around for years, but I didn't know about it until recently. Like every other little girl in America, my daughters are going to be Elsa and Anna for Halloween.  When I mentioned to a friend that I needed to hem the Anna dress, she suggested that I just use stitch witchery.  I didn't even have to go to the fabric store, because I found it at Wal-Mart.

It's so simple.  Put the iron on the wool setting.  Put the strip in between the fabric then lay a damp washcloth on top.  Hold the iron on the hem for 10 seconds then flip over and repeat the same on the other side.  I was concerned that the polyester fabric might melt under the iron, but it didn't!  Thirty minutes later I was done, and there is plenty leftover to stick in the drawer for next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment